176 km, 3,400 metres in altitude – biking, pedalling, out-of-the-saddle pedalling. The Stoneman Arduenna demands everything from you.
As always: You choose your starting point yourself – the way it suits you best. You are also completely free to pick the date of your trip during the season.
12 tips for your gold tour (1 day) on the Stoneman Arduenna Mountain Bike
- It is best to ride in the weeks between June and August. During this period the daily sunshine lasts at least 13.5 hours.
- Start right after sunrise and only if you are physically and mentally completely fit.
- Before you start, take a close look at the route map in your starter pack and read the stage descriptions. Memorize the hazard zones in particular!
- Check the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothing. Temperatures change between altitudes and the weather in the mountains can change quickly.
- Check your bike and all components very carefully. The route map in the starter pack containes instructions for your bike check.
- Despite the dense signposting, use a GPS device with the current GPS track as a precaution. This way you won't lose any time if you miss a sign.
- You will receive the latest GPS track with your starter pack reservation by e-mail three days prior to your start or on site at the official issuing offices and lodging partners.
- Take enough water and food with you. Be sure to refill your water reserves whenever possible. Maybe the next water station is temporarily unavailable..
- Take your time to read the information board at the checkpoints. That way you can relax, pause for a moment and prepare for the next stage.
- Bring a whistle if you're riding alone! Inform your official issuing office if you return later than planned or have to cancel. You will find the telephone number on the route map in your starter pack.
- In order to be available on the mobile phone network along the state borders, you should set your mobile phone accordingly.
- The Stoneman Arduenna should not to be underestimated: For gold, your annual mileage should be at least 5,000 bicycle km.